Four Minutes to Midnight: Issue Seven
Monday December 10th 2007, 3:41 pm
Filed under: 23:56 issues,portfolio,type and typography

issue 07It’s time to build a new architecture of resistance…

Issue 7 of FMTM was the first issue published out of Montréal in the new format. Growing out of the concepts developed in my thesis work, but unrestricted by any academic criteria, this issue brings together the work of over 25 artists and writers, remixed, edited and designed by John and myself into a 124 page visual essay on typography, poetry and personal politics.

The issue features a cover design by Abe Burmeister from his Wind Is The Enemy days, and is printed on Strathmore recycled cotton writing paper. Perfect-bound in an edition of 150 hand-numbered copies.

Two years and two issues later, I think it is safe to say our first foray into “radical” self-publishing was quite successful, building a strong community of interest (who knew?) and selling out over the course of the first year. So, if you picked up a copy at some point, thanks!

spread 01
spread 02
spread 03
spread 04
spread 05
spread 06
spread 07

Many thanks to all the contributors: Abe Burmeister, Catherine Rizzetto, Kajin Goh, Constantin Denmer, Rowena Kennedy Epstein, Shawnda Wilson, Brigid Byrne, Geof Huth, Kenneth Fitzgerald, Asma Khan, Ian Noble and Russel Bestley, Rick Valicenti, Colin White, Sandy Kaltenborn, and all my peers at the LCP MA.

And special thanks to Janet at Lovell Litho for the immaculate printing and service.

Download a PDF of the issue here (9.2 MB).

Geof Huth reviews the issue here.

Four Minutes to Midnight: Issue 7 won the Best English-Language Zine Award at the inaugural Expozine awards in 2005.

12 Comments so far

Beautifully written Rebecca. I have never eernpixeced that comment either and it is surprising since I have 4 parrots and 3 dogs. The increase in awareness about animal hoarding has lead to the mentality that if you have too many animals for me to be comfortable with then you have too many animals (not to downplay the plight of animals in haording cases-it is AWFUL). There is no magic number. I think the questions should always be How could I make life better for my animals? Do my animals not only enhance my life but do I enhance theirs? and the obvious- Am I completely overwhelmed most of the time? Ultimately if you have animals that are well cared for, loved, healthy and happy then it doesn’t matter if you have 1 or 100.

Comment by Oscar 02.29.16 @ 12:40 pm

this is a free country. you are free to leave.

Comment by 1jss.header.us 09.05.17 @ 3:43 pm

Episode 400,000 went up tonight. SP or Vince will post the link when it’s ready, no doubt. And there just happened to be a NEW GUEST.

Comment by 2clw.header.us 09.05.17 @ 3:43 pm

Hi. Unexplained weight loss, like other symptoms, is something to talk to your doctor about. This is in case it is a symptoms of something else and not a side effect of treatment.

Comment by 2phh.header.us 09.05.17 @ 3:44 pm

I meant to write ‘I remember feeling this ISNT fair.’

Comment by 9908.header.us 09.05.17 @ 3:45 pm

I started taking odimune this year january when I found out that I’m pregnant,will I be on the medication for a lifetime

Comment by 979 09.05.17 @ 3:45 pm

This varies a lot between different people. Usually within a week or two it should get better. If it continues than talk to your doctor about this.

Comment by 1nee 09.05.17 @ 3:46 pm

ID!OT FANS OF DINGDONG & MARIAN ARE BEHIND METAL BARRICADES?……”Fans and spectators behind metal barricades cheered and waved frantically when celebrities stepped out of luxury vehicles”. Idiot fans must learn to embrace the reality and move on. Don’t allow yourselves to be fooled by actors and celebrities anymore. Fans love their idols so much but look what your idols have done to you? All of you are not invited. Hangang metal barricades lang kayo. Gets nyo?

Comment by 4vzd.header.us 09.05.17 @ 3:47 pm

Good luck n high hopes that you have a safe n successful visit to the nest box. Can’t imagine the owls would be aggressive now. Maybe a fantastic sighting again!

Comment by 6ts6 09.05.17 @ 3:48 pm

replica kelly bags youtube replica hermes birkin canvas super qswzlq

Comment by 353m.header.us 09.05.17 @ 3:48 pm

maybe they meant the $250 Million fight happens afterlife =) the match held in purgatory along with Manny and Mayweather…

Comment by a180 09.05.17 @ 3:49 pm

Baguio is a work in retrogress.

Comment by 83ll.header.us 09.05.17 @ 3:49 pm